Pros and cons of condoms
Some features of making use of condoms:
- Whenever utilized properly and consistently, they’ve been a dependable way of preventing maternity.
- They make it possible to protect both partners from STIs, including chlamydia, gonorrhoea and HIV.
- You simply have to utilize them when you yourself have sex – they don’t require advance planning and they are ideal for unplanned intercourse.
- More often than not, there aren’t any side that is medical from utilizing condoms.
- They truly are simple to get your hands on and are presented in many different forms, sizes and flavours.
Some disadvantages consist of:
- Some partners realize that using condoms interrupts sex – to obtain surrounding this, attempt to make utilizing a condom section of foreplay.
- Condoms have become strong but may divide or tear or even utilized precisely. In such a circumstance for you, practise placing them on which means you become accustomed to with them.
- Many people can be allergic to latex, plastic or spermicides, you could get condoms which can be less likely to want to cause a allergic attack.
- When making use of a condom, the person needs to grab after he has got ejaculated and before his penis goes soft, keeping the condom securely in position.
Can such a thing make condoms less efficient?
Sperm can occasionally enter the vagina during intercourse, even if making use of a condom. This might take place if:
- The penis touches the certain area round the vagina before a condom is placed on
- The condom splits or comes down
- The condom gets damaged by razor- razor- sharp fingernails or jewelry
- You employ oil-based lubricants, such as for instance cream, child oil or vaseline, with latex or condoms that are polyisoprene this damages the condom
- You will be utilizing medicine for conditions like thrush, such as for example ointments, pessaries or suppositories – this could harm latex and polyisoprene condoms, and prevent them working precisely
If you believe semen has entered the vagina, you will need crisis contraception. You can make use of crisis contraception as much as five times after non-safe sex (when semen joined the vagina).
Opt for having an STI test. You’ll head to a:
- Intimate wellness center
- Contraception hospital
- Young man or woman’s center
You can make use of another as a type of contraception, like the contraceptive implant or pill, for additional security against pregnancy.
But, other types of contraception will not protect you against STIs. You will nevertheless be prone to STIs in the event that condom breaks.
Where you’ll get condoms
You may get condoms free of charge, even although you’re under 16, from:
- Contraception clinics
- Intimate wellness or GUM (genitourinary medication) clinics
- Some GP surgeries
- Some young adults’s services
It is possible to purchase condoms from:
- Internet sites
- Mail-order catalogues
- Vending devices in certain toilets that are public
- Some petrol channels
Constantly buy condoms that carry the kite that is BSI plus the European CE mark. What this means is they’ve been tested into the necessary security requirements.
If you are under 16 years of age
Contraception services are confidential and free, including for individuals beneath the chronilogical age of 16.
If you should be under 16 and wish contraception, the physician, nurse or pharmacist will not tell your moms and dads (or carer) for as long you fully understand the information you’re given and the decisions you’re making as they believe.
Medical practioners and nurses work under strict recommendations whenever coping with individuals under 16. They will encourage one to give consideration to telling your moms and dads, nonetheless they will not allow you to be.
The only time a expert might choose to inform another person is when they think you are at an increased risk of damage, such as for example punishment. The danger would www.hotbrides.org/ukrainian-brides have to be serious, and so they would often talk about this to you first.
Web Page final evaluated: 19 September 2017 Next review due: 19 September 2020